Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Combat and Lore update!

In my ongoing attempt to clarify and expand Theory, I have updated the combat document and the Lore document. Nothing about the game changed mechanically, much of what was added was simply for clarification.
This time around, the player is introduced to the two types of combat maneuvers and how and when to use them. Then, we move on to explain how to use all different types of interrupts (with pictures!). If you are reading this blog post currently (of course you are) I would heavily recommend that you read the new combat document. It is likely that there was a previous misunderstanding, or that I may have jaded the content of the document in some way. In either case, I would like to know.

While perusing around some of the old Theory revisions, I found an interesting section that I decided to omit for some reason. "The Mechanics of Magic" now appears on page 7 of the lore document. This section describes how magic physically functions in the multiverse and where each type of magic is drawn from. While this doesn't give GMs or players anything to take and run with directly, I feel that it adds some flavor, and that tampering with mechanics like these can make for great high-level campaigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment